Release 0.9.8 of nss-pam-ldapd
This is an update for the 0.9 branch of nss-pam-ldapd that
includes a few improvements and bugfixes.
This release should be considered stable.
The pynslcd implementation still is not considered as stable as
A summary of the changes since 0.9.7:
- add a pam_authc_search
option that can be used to configure the search operation that is
performed after authentication
- add nss_uid_offset
options that can be used to change returned numeric user and group ids
from LDAP (thanks Seth Wright)
- do not retry failed user password on second LDAP server
- fix a crash in the PAM module on FreeBSD when showing password
- the validnames option
now also applies to shadow lookups
- support ethernet addresses in LDAP in compact and long formats
- improvements to getent.ldap
command (a few minor bug fixes and preparations for Python 3
- log entries and lookups failing
at debug level
- improvements to the test suite (including tests for
Get this release from the downloads section.
Ideas, comments and patches for functionality are more than welcome.
Please drop a note on the
nss-pam-ldapd-users mailing list
with any ideas or patches you may have.