Release 0.9.6 of nss-pam-ldapd
This is an update for the 0.9 branch of nss-pam-ldapd that
includes a few improvements.
The branch has stabilised a bit and the current release should be
The pynslcd implementation still is not considered as stable as
A summary of the changes since 0.9.5:
- fix a race condition in signal handling during start-up that would cause
nslcd to exit if a signal (such as SIGUSR1 that can be
sent when network status changes) is received
- fix signed integer overflow on 32bit systems when using
objectSid (thanks Geoffrey McRae)
- allow longer configuration values (thanks Jed Liu)
- add an nss_getgrent_skipmembers
option to disable retrieving group members to improve performance in
- add an nss_disable_enumeration
option to disable full listing of all users and groups to improve
performance in specific environments (thanks Andrew Elble)
- implement an innetgr function in the Solaris NSS module
Get this release from the downloads section.
Ideas, comments and patches for functionality are more than welcome.
Please drop a note on the
nss-pam-ldapd-users mailing list
with any ideas or patches you may have.