Release 0.9.5 of nss-pam-ldapd
This is an update for the 0.9 development branch of nss-pam-ldapd
that includes a few small improvements.
Development has slowed down a bit and the current release should be
reasonably stable. Focus now will be on further testing and stabilising.
Users are encouraged to test this release and report any problems.
The pynslcd implementation is not considered as stable as
A summary of the changes since 0.9.4:
- improve test suite (change IP range)
- handle situation better when server (or firewall) closed the connection
(thanks Tim Harder)
- make daemonising a little more robust and try to log more failures
- fix integer format strings (thanks Jianhai Luan and Patrick McLean)
- documentation updates (thanks Dalibor Pospíšil)
- fix range check for search access (thanks David Binderma)
- fix a bug in the NSS library when encountering IPv6 addresses in
the hosts map (thanks Mark R Bannister)
- allow configuring the name of the NSS and PAM modules (--with-module-name)
- adjust the Linux OOM (Out-Of-Memory) killer score to avoid killing nslcd
(thanks Patrick McLean)
- portability improvements (thanks Tim Rice)
Get this release from the downloads section.
Ideas, comments and patches for functionality are more than welcome.
Please drop a note on the
nss-pam-ldapd-users mailing list
with any ideas or patches you may have.