Release 0.9.4 of nss-pam-ldapd
This is an update for the 0.9 development branch of nss-pam-ldapd
that includes a few small improvements.
Development has slowed down a bit and the current release should be
reasonably stable. Focus now will be on further testing and stabilising.
Users are encouraged to test this release and report any problems.
The pynslcd implementation is not considered as stable as
A summary of the changes since 0.9.3:
- also handle password policy information on BIND failure (this makes it
possible to distinguish between a wrong password and an expired
- fix mapping the member attribute to an empty string
- any buffers that may have held passwords are cleared before the memory
- increase buffer size for passwords to support extremely long passwords
- increase buffer size for DN to support very long names or names with
- log an error in almost all places where a defined buffer is not large
enough to hold the provided data instead of just (sometimes silently)
- logging improvements (start-up problems, login failures)
- small improvement for Solaris
Get this release from the downloads section.
Ideas, comments and patches for functionality are more than welcome.
Please drop a note on the
nss-pam-ldapd-users mailing list
with any ideas or patches you may have.