Release 0.9.2 of nss-pam-ldapd
This is an update for the 0.9 development branch of nss-pam-ldapd
that includes a number of improvements.
This release includes a number of improvements to the tests and to
This branch will see more development and features added.
As such, this isn't the most stable version and should be used with
caution. The 0.8 branch will remain to be supported
with bug and security fixes for some time.
A summary of the changes since 0.9.1:
- increase password value buffer size (by Bersl)
- avoid more broken pipe errors by using a low timeout when aborting
reading requested information from nslcd
(thanks John Sullivan)
- only log broken pipe errors in debugging mode
- fix buffer overflow on interrupted read that is hard to trigger (thanks
- use clock_gettime() with CLOCK_MONOTONIC for timeout
calculations to avoid clock adjustments errors (thanks John Sullivan)
- extend test suite to test for CLOCK_MONOTONIC and timed IO
- increase the maximum number of base
statements per map to 31
- use larger nslcd send buffers to reduce the number of write
operations in nslcd and consequently the number of reads in the
NSS and PAM modules (thanks John Sullivan)
- also run invalidators
after first successful search
- various clean-ups, portability improvements and fixes for compiler warnings
- import configure checks of Python modules
- provide a script for setting up slapd in a test environment, automatically
loaded with the required test data
- add script for evaluating test environment availability
- portability improvements in the test scripts and test environment
Get this release from the downloads section.
Ideas, comments and patches for functionality are more than welcome.
Please drop a note on the
nss-pam-ldapd-users mailing list
with any ideas or patches you may have.