Release 0.8.7 of nss-pam-ldapd
This is an update for the 0.8 series that includes a few fixes and
some work on the pynslcd implementation.
The 0.8 series is getting more and more stable and there are
not many issues reported. It is planned to be stabilised a bit now
with work continuing on the pynslcd implementation.
A summary of the changes since 0.8.6:
- log the first 10 search results in debug mode to make debugging easier
(patch by Matthijs Kooijman)
- provide more detailed logging information for LDAP errors, this should
especially help for TLS related problems (based on a patch by Mel
- fix logging of invalid pam_authz_search value
- when doing DNS queries for SRV records recognise default ldap and ldaps
- make whether or not to do case-sensitive filtering configurable (patch
by Matthew L. Dailey)
- document the fact that each thread opens it's own connection (patch by
- some small portability improvements
- try to prevent some of the Broken pipe messages in nslcd
- increase buffer used for pam_authz_search as suggested by
Chris J Arges
- pynslcd now handles privileged requests correctly
- pynslcd now supports attribute mapping using the
lower() and upper() functions
pynslcd, the Python implementation of nslcd that
is included in nss-pam-ldapd should now be mostly useful for
test environments and testing is welcomed.
Get this release from the downloads section.