Release 0.8.2 of nss-pam-ldapd
This is an update for the 0.8 series that fixes some bugs and introduces
some new features but mainly focusses on improving the tests to avoid
another security problem as was seen in 0.8.0.
The 0.8 series remains in development mode and several more bigger changes,
enhancements and new features are planned.
Users that require a stable release are encouraged to stay with 0.7 until
A summary of the changes since 0.8.1:
- fix problem with endless loop on incorrect password
- fix a communication problem between nslcd and the NSS and PAM modules
when running on Solaris 10
- fix a compilation issue on systems without HOST_NAME_MAX
- link to the resolv library for hstrerror() on platforms that need
- ignore password change requests for users not in LDAP
- many clean-ups to the tests and added some new tests including some
integration tests for the PAM functionality
- some smaller code clean-ups and improvements
- improvements to pynslcd, including implementations for service,
protocol and rpc lookups
- implement a validnames
option that can be used to filter valid user and group names using a
- improvements to the way nslcd shuts down with hanging worker threads
Get this release from the downloads section.