Release 0.8.10 of nss-pam-ldapd
This is an update for the 0.8 series that includes a few smaller changes.
With this release the 0.8 series should now be considered stable and should
be preferred over the 0.7 series.
The 0.8 series has a few advantages over the 0.7 series. Apart from
numerous small improvements and new features the biggest changes are:
- support for Solaris and FreeBSD
- introduction of pynslcd, an experimental alternative for nslcd
- addition of a validnames option
- checking shadow attributes for PAM authorisation
- support mapping to the objectSid attribute
- support pam_unix when not getting shadow information from LDAP
A summary of the changes since 0.8.9:
- documentation improvements
- fix a problem that causes the PAM module to prompt for a new password
even though the old one was wrong
- log successful password change in nslcd
- install default configuration file with reduced permissions (further
protection for CVE-2009-1073)
Get this release from the downloads section.