Release 0.8.1 of nss-pam-ldapd
2011-03-10 security update
This is an update for the 0.8 series that fixes a security problem that
allows authentication for users not in LDAP. See the
and the news item for details.
The CVE project has assigned
to this problem.
This release remains a development release and is expected to undergo more
active development. Users that require a stable release are encouraged to
stay with 0.7 until 0.8 stabilises.
This development release also includes some new features, FreeBSD support
and more work done on the Python implementation of nslcd.
A summary of the changes since 0.8.0:
- properly handle user-not-found errors when doing authentication
- include a file that was missing for Solaris support
- add FreeBSD support, partially imported from the FreeBSD port (thanks
to Jacques Vidrine, Artem Kazakov and Alexander V. Chernikov)
- document how to replace pam_check_service_attr and
pam_check_host_attr options in PADL's pam_ldap with
pam_authz_search in nss-pam-ldapd
- implement a fqdn variable that can be used in
- create the directory to hold the socket and pidfile on startup
- implement host, network and netgroup support in pynslcd
Get this release from the downloads section.